WASHINGTON, DC - US travel to overseas markets(1) totaled 2.1 million, up almost four percent in November and six percent for the year (28.2 million). Regional results for the month were as follows:
• Europe, 675,000 travelers, up two percent
• Caribbean, 514,000 travelers, up seven percent
• Asia, 364,000 travelers, travel was flat
• Central America, 180,000 travelers, up one percent
• Middle East, 144,000 travelers, up 16 percent
• South America, 134,000 travelers, down one percent
• Oceania, 53,000 travelers, up seven percent
• Africa, 22,000 travelers, down six percent
U.S. travel to other North American markets totaled 2.8 million and was up 20 percent compared to November 2013. Travel to Canada and Mexico for the year (33.9 million) was up 13 percent.
• Mexico, 2.2 million travelers, up 28 percent in November. Air travel (517,000) was up six percent
• Canada, 595,000 travelers, down three percent. Air travel (238,000) up six percent
November 2014 YTD Market Share
U.S. travel to overseas locationsaccounted for 45 percent of U.S. outbound international travel.
• Europe, an 18 percent share;
• Caribbean, an 11 percent share;
• Asia, a seven percent share;
• Central America, a four percent share;
• Middle East, a three percent share;
• South America, a three percent share;
• Oceania, a one percent share, and
• Africa, almost one percent share
North American markets received 55 percent of all U.S. international outbound travel.
• U.S. travel to Mexico a 36 percent share; and
• Canada an 18 percent share.
Note1: Easter/Passover occurred ‘later’ in 2014 (April 20) vs. 2013 (March 31).
Note2: U.S. to Mexico (Border 1+ nights) was a significant contributor to overall Mexico performance from March through December.
No comments added yet