NEW YORK - The most expensive city hotel in the United States is located in New York City, according to the latest survey from TravelMag.com. In fact, as the survey reveals, nine of the country's 10 most expensive hotels are located in Manhattan.
The survey specifically compared luxury hotels in cities across the nation based on their average rates for a regular double room. The month of October 2014 served as the basis of comparison. Only such hotels located inside the USA's major cities were considered.
With an average rate of $1,189 per night, the Soho House, located in the heart of New York's buzzing Meatpacking District, is the most expensive city hotel in the United States. Snagging the runner-up position, with an average price tag of $1,134 nightly for a double room, is the Skylofts at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The Peninsula, located in Midtown Manhattan, rounds out the Top 3 with an average overnight rate of $1,014 per night.
Boston's most expensive hotel is the Four Seasons. With an average price of $725 for the cheapest available double room, the hotel ranks 14th most expensive in the United States and comes in behind the Skylofts at MGM Grand as the second most expensive non-NYC hotel.
Following are the 10 most expensive city hotels in the USA. The rates listed reflect the daily rate, on average, for the most affordable double room in each hotel during October 2014.
1. Soho House (New York City) $1189
2. Skylofts at MGM Grand (Las Vegas) $1134
3. The Peninsula (New York City) $1014
4. The St. Regis (New York City) $995
5. Four Seasons Hotel (New York City) $943
6. The Plaza Hotel (New York City) $927
7. The Ritz-Carlton, Central Park (New York City) $923
8. Park Hyatt (New York City) $875
9. Trump International Hotel & Tower (New York City) $846
10. Mandarin Oriental (New York City) $821.
Photo caption: Soho House, NYC (Photo N. Brett via Flickr).
- See more at: http://www.traveldailynews.com/news/article/62505/luxury-hotels-nyc-boasts-the#sthash.PviBAZ7a.dpuf
No comments added yet